Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Sketches for Wednesday

 

Some years back, my Mom was clearing out her art studio. She handed me a sketchbook. "Could you use this?" she asked. Yes, of course. The first thing I drew was a self-portrait of me laughing at my own drawing, and my then-studio car Dropcloth, who is much missed. (So is Mom.) Like George Booth told me, If you laugh at your own drawings, then you are on to something. Ha ha. Well, here are some drawings -- drawn from imagination and life. Some funny, some not, some just slice of life observations. A lot are not meant to be seen and are just doodles. One is a full-fledged story. I have paperwork to do for now, and a couple of presentations I need to prep, so I thought I would just offer up some more of my sketches, which I don't share enough. Now I need to go.



Above: the deli counter at Heinen's in Westlake, OH.





These guys were way into sharing recipes on that bumpy bus.



Art critic John Berger back in 1972. (Check out his Ways of Seeing series.)


Cats in fezzes. Just because.





No comments: