Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mark Anderson's Wife Tells All


The wife of my pal magazine cartoonist Mark Anderson blogs about her life with him at Mark's blog. It's titled, "Smart Woman, Foolish Cartoonist."

No. Not really. She's a wonderful, supportive spouse who enjoys the long discussions about what is funny. And she lets him to buy cool cartoon stuff too!

I was fortunate enough to visit the Anderson compound for the first time this past May. When I offered to help cook dinner, I was soundly rebuffed by Mrs. Anderson and received the suggestion that I maintain my stationary position and enjoy my beer. Whatta woman! She spoiled me!

Mark and I have similar histories: We worked "normal jobs" for a while before surprising our spouses with our cartoon freelance life. A move that would, obviously, be impossible without their strong belief in our cartooning abilities.

I always thought it would be interesting to have a panel of cartoonists' spouses for a convention. I wonder how many are deeply involved in the process? I would want to go to a panel like that.

No comments: