Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mike Lynch Speaks


Hey there! I'm a special guest speaker next month at Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy. Here's the official info:


Cartoonist and blogger Mike Lynch will give a talk at the Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy on Saturday from 12noon until 3pm on Saturday, September 13th, 2008. Prices are $25 to $15, and there will be food (pizza and nachos).


The Academy is in Simsbury, CT, which is near Hartford. Guy's been at that location for four years. The place is terrific and Guy has his mouthwatering framed originals from his personal collection all over the place. We're talking original Caniffs (below) and the like.

The Academy is a place for anyone who wants to learn how to be a cartoonist. The good news is that Guy is running it, so if you go and take a class then you have one on one contact with a real working cartoonist. The bad news is, as Guy will tell you, it takes a lot of work to be come a pro.




I am honored to be part of their special guest program with a line up of talents that I admire, like Frank McLaughlin and Scott Roberts.

4 comments:

Bear said...

Congrats on the gig, Mike. Any chance of us geographically-challenged getting a video of the event? Hmm, hmmm?

Brian Fies said...

Getting to spend a couple hours with Guy at the Academy is right at the top of the nicest cartooning-related experiences Karen and I have ever had. It's a great place and he's a great gentleman. Enjoy your talk and time there.

Mark Anderson said...

I concur! I want my Lynch TV!

Mike Lynch said...

Gee whiz, I hadn't thought of video. Well, call the Academy! Let's see if they can do this! All we need is a kid and a phone to point at me, right?

Brian: ditto about Guy!