Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Video: Mell Lazarus Speaks at the Charles M. Schulz Museum

Here it is, chopped up into six YouTube chunks: the creator of MISS PEACH and MOMMA, the NCS Division Award Winner (twice) for Best Comic Strip and Reuben Award winner -- the one and only Mell Lazarus -- giving a lecture at the Charles M. Schulz Museum. This was taped on November 8, 2008:

CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 1



CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 2



CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 3



CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 4



CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 5



CMSM Lectures: Mell Lazarus Part 6



A big thanks to Jeannie Schulz and the staff at the CMS Museum for not only taping the event, but putting it out there for anyone to watch and listen the always entertaining Mell Lazarus.

4 comments:

Brian Fies said...

Hey, I was there, second row from the front. Don't think the cameraman got any crowd shots, though--at least I don't remember him pointing our way.

I thought it was a great talk by a cartooning legend. I kind of wondered what the Schulz Museum did with the videos--every talk I've been to there has been taped but I never saw one turn up online. Gotta go check for others now.

Mark Anderson said...

Ooh hoo! Looks like I've got some watchin' to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I work at the Charles M. Schulz Museum and we are thinking about putting up more of the fabulous artist talks we have taped. Mel Lazarus's talk is our first lecture posted on-line.

Mike Lynch said...

Great news, Gina!