Sunday, January 31, 2010

1946 Dik Browne Profile UPDATED


My pal Ger Apeldoorn scans in a 1946 Dik Browne profile from the Ford Times magazine. This, Ger assures us, kicks off a week of Dik Browne posts at his The Fabuleous Fifties blog.

"Maurice, a moody mechanic" and "Sparky, a precocious problem child" were two characters that Dik created for The Ford Times, a Ford Motors employee publication with a circulation of 120,000.

Please note Ger's comment below. I jumped the gun on this somewhat. Regardless, the Dik Browne week is on, all week long, at his blog.

And have a wonderful honeymoon, Ger!

1 comment:

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Hi, Mike. This was only up for about an hour, as I was trying to schedule a post for monday the 8th. I will be leaving on my honeymoon for the next two weeks and I have been struggling with Blogger to schedule two weeks of posts. They accepted the first three, but immediately posted everything after that. I am now saving them as draft and will try and post them daily from my holiday adress. So your reader smay have to wait to see them, as well as the Browne goodies I have planned for tuesday and wednesday (and lots more to come).