Friday, September 24, 2010

An Ailing Harlan Ellison Says Goodbye at MadCon


Photograph of Harlan Ellison by Steve Barber.


Wrenching news. Harlan Ellison, who is 76 years old and not in the best of health, says this weekend's MadCon will be his farewell convention appearance.

"'The truth of what's going on here is that I'm dying,' says Ellison, by phone. 'I'm like the Wicked Witch of the West -- I'm melting. I began to sense it back in January. By that time, I had agreed to do the convention. And I said, I can make it. I can make it.'"

Writer Josh Wimmer has more at The Isthmus.

Above: Harlan Ellison and his typewriter (now for sale).

Related: video: Harlan Ellison -- Pay the Writer

Hat tip the person who put this on their blog or Tweeted about it but whose name I sincerely cannot recall nor find.

No comments: