Tuesday, July 12, 2011

HE DREW, SHE DREW Proposal

A couple of people came up to me at the HE DREW, SHE DREW gallery reception, asking me who thought up the great title. I can't remember. It was either me or Stephanie Piro. And it all started by us doodling on some napkins. I would draw a guy and then Steph would draw a woman responding.

For instance --

I draw:



And Stephanie completes the cartoon:



Our styles were complimentary and we thought they were funny.

I drew some more of these, leaving room on the right side:





And here they are with Stephanie's response:





It's the cartoonists equivalent of passing notes in school I suppose. We put together a package of these, titling the proposal "He Drew, She Drew" and sent them to syndicates and publishers. I think we did a couple dozen. No bites. But they were fun to do. I'll post more if I run across them ...

1 comment:

Dan Reynolds said...

THe title reminded me of "He Said, She Said", a 1991 romantic comedy starring Kevin Bacon. Ashley Tinsdale has a song with "He Said, She Said."

I like the "He Drew, She Drew Idea", myself. I think it would be a perfect thing to syndicate.