Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Is this project officially dead? Did I throw away my money?"

I just read the above in a comments section for a Kickstarter project that was successfully funded in 2012. It was from a person who helped fund the project.

But the project is still unfinished. 

Successfully funded Kickstarter projects that don't come to fruition. Hate 'em. Been waiting three years on one of 'em.

They should just say they messed up and return the $ to the backers. 

It tarnishes the rep of the crowd-funding Kickstarter site, and, of course, the person who said that he or she was going to complete the project. In my case, it was a graphic novel. The comics world is small enough for me to run into this person at a convention and ask, in person, why did he/she do this? 

I've had good luck with supporting Kickstarter projects, with about a third of them coming through. But I am tired of the excuses for that other third and I feel taken advantage of.

I'm Mike and that's my 2 cents.

1 comment:

Smeghead2068 said...

I've funded 2 kickstarter projects, only a couple of hundred bucks total..in both cases I got what was promised.