Friday, February 21, 2020

Vintage Snow Machines

I have decided that anything that's shaped like a box and zooms around is something I like.  For instance, Rey's Speeder from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.


It's just shaped like an electric razor.


Which reminded me of the Santa-riding-an-electric-Norelco-razor TV commercials when I was growing up.

But Rey's Speeder was waaay cooler.

In real life, there are many great, boxy vehicles that handle the snowy terrain, and from time to time, I see them in my New Hampshire neighborhood. I am collecting pics of them from the Internet.

I remember a comic book artist, Mark Schultz, who, when developing his own book in the 80s, decided it would be named after the two things he loved to draw the best. His comic book, "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs," ran from 1987 to 1996. If I drew a comic book named after two things I love I guess it would be called "Cats and Vintage Snow Machines." I dunno. I just like the look of them. Here are a few:
















No comments: