Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Norma Martin, Don Martin's Widow, Asks for Help



Via DailyCartoonist:

Norma Martin, the widow of the famed "Mad's Maddest Artist" Don Martin, asks for help in battling for her husband's trademark.

Norma Martin has opened a gofundme account to raise money
for legal fees in a fight to keep “Don Martin” a part of their family.


"He made other people rich. But he was only rich in talent. I am his widow
living on social security, and I am trying to keep MAD and DC Comics, who are owned by AT&T, from stealing his name, trademark and work. How are they doing this and why should anyone care? Every creative person strives for recognition. It represents their talent. Whether a writer, painter, musician,
poet, cartoonist, dancer, and so on, they all appreciate recognition.

"My opponents have been using Don’s name on books and magazines all over the world as if it is their property. They have been putting his name on work he did not create. That is what I am fighting. I have done the best I can but will soon need the help of real lawyers. And big companies fight hard and dirty. Law is a complicated animal and I do not know enough to keep on fighting without legal help."

If you have a few bucks to spare, please consider helping Norma.

No comments: