Sunday, April 23, 2023

Ed Emberley's Home for Sale

 


The home of children's book author/illustrator Ed Emberley is for sale

 


 

Here's Ed's son Michael Facebook posting:

My family home, in Ipswich, MA is currently for sale. My parents lived there continuously for 60 years. I was 2 when we moved, but I remember no other home. Parts of the house date back to about 1650. As I tell my friends in my adopted home in Ireland - it’s more like a character in a story than simply a dwelling.
 
My father, Ed Emberley, created all of his books in this house. The downstairs front room to the left was his first work space, then he moved upstairs for most of his work. Later using a back room (son Michael's old bedroom) as well , when he started creating digital art. 
 
Complicated feelings, of fondness, and melancholy. It’s a special place. And such a wonderful location, so close to the river, walk to town, and right on dog walking boulevard.
 

 

No comments: