Tuesday, July 18, 2023

JetBlue Flight Disruption

 

 
 A Klingon Disruptor from Star Trek. Photo from YourProps.  

 
 
My flight back home was “disrupted.” 
 
JetBlue messaged me a couple hours before my flight was scheduled to depart on Monday morning. Yeah. Not cancelled. Disrupted
 
“To review your options, visit jetblue.com or contact us for assistance. Please do not go to the airport to request alternate flights.”
 
So … don’t be going to the airport to try to get home. Over 60,000 in TrueBlue miles and they don’t want me to be coming to the airport. I ain’t feelin’ the love. 
 
So, I changed my rental car to a one way rental (Thank goodness I had kept my rental and not already brought it in.) and drove 500 miles. Couldn’t quite drive all the way back in a day, but we were close enough that we made it back home by this afternoon.
 
Now to explain all this to my clients. 
 
Ugh.
 
Please excuse me if I don't update the blog for a short time. 

Oh, the stats: extra one-way rental car fee: $453; extra motel: $253; plus coffee, food and then there's lost wages. Lovely. DEFINITELY not feelin' the love.

No comments: