Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 Mike Lynch Projects


Above: Mike Lynch by Mike Lynch. A self portrait of me from an old sketchbook, six years before I quit my regular day job to become a full-time freelance cartoonist. Notice the hunched shoulders. Ugh. What a time that was.

Anyway ...

Happy Birthday, Mike Lynch

Today is my birthday!

On this self-congratulatory day, I'm going with that theme, and telling you about some Mike Lynch projects out there.

You already know about my cartoon in the Wall Street Journal this past weekend.

I also have some cartoons in some of the few remaindered Barnes & Noble 2011 CAT CARTOON A DAY and DOG CARTOON A DAY calendars. (No hyperlink for these. They are unavailable online. You have to go to the B&N store. Go figure.)




On the stands this month, LAUGHTER REALLY IS THE BEST MEDICINE has lots of cartoons by me and some of my cartoonist pals (Dave Carpenter, John Caldwell, Roy Delgado, Scott Arthur Masear, Dan Reynolds and the one and only Harley Schwadron), plus many stories and quotes from Reader's Digest.



STAY TOONED Magazine has an interview with me, Mike Lynch, in issue #6, due out soon. It's editor John Read's "All Mike Issue," featuring cartoonist Mikes Arnold, Cope, Edholm, Jantze, Marland, Maslin and Shapiro. Mike Ramirez provides the cover.




Ed Breslin's memoir about how his beloved dog, Miss Dutchie, helped him deal with alcoholism, DRINKING WITH MISS DUTCHIE, is scheduled for a March, 15, 2011 release date from Macmillan. I drew the cover art, as well as the interior endpapers. I'm particularly proud of this.

In addition to all this, it's my privilege to, once again, be the 2011 National Cartoonists Society Awards Coordinator. Entries are accepted until February 6, 2011 for cartoons published in 2010. All details here.

11 comments:

Brian Fies said...

Happy Birthday, my friend, and thanks for the update. I didn't know about the Breslin book; what a nice piece of work to put on your shelf! May your 2011 calendar be filled with even more and better work to come.

John Glenn Taylor said...

Happy Birthday Mike, and thanks for sending some traffic to Easily Mused yesterday!

David said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Have great 2011! ...and thanks for so many wonderful and informative posts!

Gabriel said...

Well... There goes(another one! Happy Birthday, Mike!
Keep on it: Your work is outstanding and very inspiring!

Mark Anderson said...

Happy birthday mon frere! LOVE the book cover!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Mike!
I love the dog cover. Very Ardizzone-esque!

Roy Delgado said...

Happy Birthday, Mike . . Keep up the great posting on your blog. Write this down on a piece of paper ad place it on your drawing board: In especially your case, it is true! Believe it.

" YOU'RE NOT GETTING OLDER, YOU'RE GETTING BETTER. "

Peter Plum and Roy Delgado

Trade Loeffler said...

Hey Mike! Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one.

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day!!
And congrats on the rest!!

Dan Reynolds said...

Happy birthday Mike, and many more!

Mike Lynch said...

Thanks for all your kind words. You guys are overwhelming (in a good way)!