Thursday, January 13, 2011

SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 24


Some more great SATURDAY EVENING POST gag cartoons from the 1950s (with an occasional COLLIER'S one too).

































My thanks to Kristin Cawood for giving me this large scrapbook of 1950s gag cartoons to share! Thanks, Kristin!

The SATURDAY EVENING POST 1950s gag cartoons blog entries:
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 1
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 2
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 3
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 4
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 5
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 6
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 7
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 8
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 9
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 10
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 11
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 12
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 13
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 14
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 15
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 16
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 17
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 18
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 19
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 20
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 21
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 22
  • SATURDAY EVENING POST Scrapbook Part 23

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these gag cartoons, Mike!
Dan Q. Brown lived in Sandusky, Ohio and I met him back in the 70s.
He lived in a neat old big house and his studio was loaded and cluttered with old books and LOTS of gag cartoons!!
We even worked on a panel about angels. I'll have to see if I still have any of that stuff.
It's great to see what you're doing here, Mike, to keep the gag cartoon in the spotlight!!! Great work!!

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Funny that there's a "new guy" gag in both this batch and the more recent group you posted, and both hinge on something being upside down.

Brad Orman said...

@Holensock. My name is Brad Orman. I recently discovered that Dan Q. Brown was my great grandmother Mary Brown's brother. which would make him my great great uncle. I am so intrigued by his story, but with little facts. I am meeting with my gradmother for some information. I was sust wondering if you would be able to assist me what you know about him. I would be forever grateful. My email address is broncos.14@live.com. Thanks and hope to here from you soon.

Unknown said...

Hello I was looking for se of the cartoon things and really weird cuz dan brown was my great uncle and he lived in sandusky. Im pretty sure there was not many dan browns tjat was a cartoonist. I pretty sure my dad said he paat away but he was living out of the state maybe even the country when he died.

Unknown said...

Hello, My name is Emily Christine (Brown) Dan was my freat uncle, he was my grandpa James older brother. I actually have his original obituary, and he died in Argentina. My dad Rick Brown used to tell us stories about him. I don't think he ever had children and he spoiled his nephews and nieces. Do you have any of his artwork? Up until today I never saw any of it. My email is emmabear_19@yahoo.com