Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cartoonist Dan Reynolds Gallery Show


The Everson Museum of Art, in Syracuse, NY, exhibits 200 of Dan Reynolds' gag cartoons in its Reynolds Unwrapped: The Cartoon Art of Dan Reynolds gallery show, March 12 thru July 1o, 2011.

Molly English-Bowers writing for the Syracuse New Times, pens a profile of Dan:

"While he’s nationally known and has his share of followers in Central New York, many of those followers don’t realize he lives among them. 'I’m in a weird situation,' he says. 'I do my work here locally but I don’t do my work for the local area. Up until recently I didn’t make much of an effort at letting people know that I’m here or what I do.'

"'The impetus for this change was Reynolds’ battle with, and ultimate victory over, cancer. “Since I had cancer, I started to make more of a concentrated effort; I decided it would be fun to share more of what I do on a local level,' he says. 'So I’ve made myself more available, like the last couple of years working with the American Cancer Society locally, helping them out, participating in fundraising walks.'"

The rest, detailing Dan's life and how he started drawing cartoons, is here.

Dan will give a talk at the Museum this Saturday at noon.

No comments: