Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last Night's BLAARGH!!!


One of the cats threw up in the middle of the night while on a bookshelf. I don't know which one. The above sketch is a generalized conglomeration of all of the suspected cats.

The hit, undiscovered until morning, was right on the history area, notably polar exploration and First World War books.

Despite cleaning, the following books were deemed not salvageable:

DOUBLE VISION Pat Barker
THE LONG RESCUE Theodore Powell
THE SOUTH POLE Roald Amundsen
MEMOIRS OF AN INFANTRY OFFICER Siegfried Sassoon
TESTAMENT OF YOUTH Vera Brittain

And that is today's news ....

6 comments:

Faff said...

Thank you for reminding me why we got our daughter dwarf hamsters instead of a cat.

Roy Delgado said...

Mike -
Roy asked me to send you this note.
I know what it's all about, he sez. You have my sympathy. I have three cats. Midnight, Rocky ( as in Balboa ) and Fast Eddie. They usually barf on the rug. Have tried everyhing on the market to clean it, but it ALWAYS leaves a spot.
Take care.
Peter Plum for Roy Delgado

Jack said...

Mine find partly-used sketchbooks irresistible for such purposes.

Anonymous said...

My girl, Kiki, is a dainty sort and NEVER regurgitates in the house, BUT - she does have a mouse-eating rug in my "nice" bathroom...

Daryll Collins said...

I've been there Mike. Had one of my cats throw up all over some of my stored classic rock vinyl.

How he got in that space and why remains a mystery.

Mike Lynch said...

Thanks for your kind words! Maybe we should have a BLAARGH! support group.