Monday, November 07, 2011

Matt Groening Fashion Line

SIMPSONS creator Matt Groening has teamed up with Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo for a fashion line.Above: one of the four shirt designs from the collection.

From writer Bronwyn Williams' piece for

"I met Comme des Garçons through my artist friends Mondongo and liked their wit and sudacity [sic]," says Groening. "I was aware of Kawakubo and her work as an avant garde artist but I never thought my silly work of cartoons and her fashion would ever collide."

The capsule collection is inspired not by The Simpsons cartoon, but by an earlier work of Groening - a comic strip called Life in Hell from 1977 featuring a depressed bunny called Binky and his friends Sheba, Bongo, Akbar and Jeff. The collection of four T-shirts is on sale now through

No comments: