Friday, December 01, 2023

Living History of Decatur County Comic Book by John Pratt with Illustrations by Mike Lynch

 


Here's what I've been working on. In recognition of Decatur County Indiana's bicentennial, here are just a few images from a 42 page historical comic book written by John Pratt, Bicentennial Coordinator, with drawings by me. 

This educational comic book will be circulated in Indiana schools, for use in their history curriculum. Isn't that great? My appreciation to the Decatur County Community Foundation and the many underwriters to this huge project, of which I'm only posting a small sampling.

I had a terrific time working with John on this, and every week we would talk on the phone. There was a lot of history in this part of the world and John was my patient guide in getting it right. I was working on this while I was teaching at New England College, which made for a busy time - but it was a lot of fun as well. 

My thanks to Adrian Sinnott for a color assist on some of these!

 











2 comments:

BobbyG said...

Nice!

Larry Rippee and Molly Rea said...

Cool. Congratulations on this.