Thursday, January 18, 2024

Sketchbook: People Walking In the Cold

Today is my birthday and so I am just going to scan some wintry drawings from my sketchbook and show them to you.

These are drawings I did with a couple of pencils (Palomino Blackwing, Mirado Black Warrior) and a wax pastel (Caran D'Ache Neocolor 1) that I'm playing with. I watch "walking" videos on YouTube of people walking, in this case, through St. Petersburg and London. I freeze frame the passers by and do a quick drawing. The original pages in my sketchbook have a notation of the type of pencil and the name of the video I was watching. This is all drawn on a cheap Sargent Art newsprint paper 9-3/4 x 7-1/2 inch sketchbook. I think these videos were all very recent and most reflected the cold that we've had in the past couple of weeks.

That's all for today. 
















1 comment:

BobbyG said...

Very nice. You've captured attitude and emotion in a subtle way.