Friday, February 16, 2024

Some Dorothy McKay Cartoons and Illustrations 1936 - 1956

I was curious to see more of Dorothy McKay's illustration and cartoon work after yesterday's post. Here are a few examples that I came across. The cartoons are from Esquire, with publications dates from 1936 to 1956.


 

"What did I do wrong this time?"



"Com' on, Matilda -- one more -- or you can't go back on us now!"



"How long we bin away, Bill? -- I got twins!"



"They're all over at Major Bowes!"


"Pardon me, is this seat taken?"



"Don't you ever want to go to a big city?"



"Of course, you could turn off the air conditioner!"


"Of course, the bank will be furious when they find out about this."



"Is this where the old bags get renovated?"


"What would you recommend for a beginner?"


 

Here's the cover and some some interior illustration for Raising a Riot (1949) by Alfred Toombs.







No comments: