Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Garden As of September 15, 2020

 

It's a cloudy morning and the temperatures last night were in the upper 30s. The hummingbirds took off for South America over the weekend, and the garden is winding down. I pulled up all of the cucumbers and most of the zucchini. 


 

Still a few tomatoes. I may blanch them and make a sauce. We'll see if I can make the time today. Behind them, out of eyesight, are a couple of green pepper plants with one pepper each. 

 


  

The other two boxes have been mostly cleared. Still a couple of zucchini plants, and the radishes and carrots are still growing. But I think I'll harvest them by this weekend.


 It's still mostly green here, but there are pockets of red leaves on the trees here and there. 

 The roses, which bookend the growing season with two blooming sessions, are almost done for the year. The zinnias are still happy, while the daisies are on their last legs. I've had a fire going in the woodstove since last night, so I guess it's really going to be fall now. 



Related:

The Garden As of September 1, 2020

The Garden As of Mid-August 2020 

The Garden As of Early August 2020

The Garden As of July 15, 2020

The Garden As of July 1, 2020

The Garden As of June 15, 2020 

The Garden As of Early June 2020

No comments: