Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mike Lynch Speaks at Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy


Here's a friendly non-monster-eating-you reminder to come on over to Simsbury, CT to talk cartoons with me, Mike Lynch, at Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy on Saturday, September 13, 2008.

I'll be talking about cartoons: the craft and the business of cartooning. I'll show some of my cartoons and maybe even doing silly drawings (like the one up top, blown waaay up from a thumbnail sketch) just for fun.

Ten years ago, I was working 9 to 5 in a job a I didn't like. I decided to quit and cartoon full-time. Cartooning is hard work. It's a job, but it's a job I love.

I'll talk about how I started out, and how I deal with a lot of hands-on issues a cartoonist faces: how to be consistently creative, promoting yourself, dealing with clients, invoicing, finding markets, etc.

Anyway, this will be a chance to say hi and have a slice of pizza ("Yes," Guy assured me, "there will be food.") and talk cartooning in a classroom setting.

Details here.

No comments: