Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mike Lynch Speaks


Here's the press release:

Cartoonist and prominent cartoon blogger Mike Lynch will give a talk at the Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy on Saturday from 12noon until 3pm on Saturday, September 13th, 2008. Prices are from $25 to $15.

Mike will be talking about cartoons; the craft and the business of cartooning. He will emphasis some of the hands-on issues a cartoonist faces: how to be consistently creative, self-promotion, dealing with clients, negotiating contracts, invoicing, finding markets, and other topics.

The Cartoonist's Academy is in Simsbury, CT, which is near Hartford. Reservations can be made in advance by calling the Academy at (860) 651-4400. If you need directions, don't hesitate to ask.

... And, just in case, I may have to use this site to accentuate any humorous stories.




3 comments:

Mark Anderson said...

Why is that fireman(?) in the audience so mad?!

Gabriel said...

Hi there Mike-
I've posted in my blog some works of mine. They are versions with no profit motive in mind of two cartoons you posted on your "some food cartoons". I hope you don't care (or better than this: I wish you like it). It's just a sort of a tribute.
Cheers-

Mike Lynch said...

Gee whiz, I just put a hat on the guy; a plain hat -- but now that you say it's a fireman's hat -- yup! -- sure looks like one. OK, the fireman is mad because meeting a cartoonist is such a let down; I mean, let's face it, Markypoo, who can be as entertaining, funny and likable as the most long-running cartoonist on TV: Ted Knight in TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT?!?!?!

Gabriel, I was stunned and said WOW! many times out loud here at the computer when I saw what you had drawn. Thanks for the heads up on the tribute. And "WOW!" again!