Friday, April 26, 2024

Iconic 1982 Patrick Nagel Print Based on Model Eva Voorhees

 

 

Doesn't this just scream 1980s?! This well known fashion print -- something I have seen for decades in salons all over the USA -- was created by Patrick Nagel (1945 - 1984). Nagel may be best known for his Duran Duran record covers, as well as his work for Playboy magazine. 

 

What I didn't know until now is that Nagel's print here is based on a 1982 photo of a model named Eva Voorhees:


 

Voorhees was a rarity: a popular American model of the time who had brunette hair. 





She wrote a book about her life in 2007: Live Through This: A Mother's Memoir of Love and Loss.

 

 

She had a busy modeling career, and overcame family abuse (read her book),  becoming an iconic model. Last I could tell, she wanted to create a site paying tribute to the models of the 1970s and 80s "and then some." She wrote this on the Bellazon board in 2008:

---

To my Bellazon friends:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm playing catch up to all you proficient Bellazon users, but I will get to your level and learn how to maneuver through this site, hopefully!

I am so grateful for your generosity and assistance in this monumental task. It will be like nothing else-I'm sure of it! Every 70's-80's (and then some) model will have her own album and as much information as possible when the site is expanded to include more than just photographs.

I made 60 albums with my collection of tear sheets. Now, with generous contributions from some of you, I can do justice to a number of models whose albums were nearly empty.

Any contributions you can make to the site would be invaluable. With your assistance I can keep alive the memory and body of work of so many adored models.

I read a post that was called the forgotten models on here once. It was while I was making my site, and all I could think was: I can't wait to go here and let everyone know they are not forgotten! And you could help me keep their memory alive and well. I hope you will visit the site: www.supermodelsofthe70s-80s.org and contribute anything you can. If you have bios, updates, articles, videos, websites, etc., the site is the place where all that information will be kept!

Thank you all for even considering to help me, and for those of you who already have: I am truly touched by your kindness and patience with me. You're the best!

I look forward to this exciting and limitless undertaking!

Most sincerely,

Eva Voorhees

 ---

 

Unfortunately, neither of those sites are working. 

 


No comments: