Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ira Glass: "[A]ll the books I loved as a kid were comic books"

 
NPR host Ira Glass has an interview in today's New York Times Book Review. When asked about books he loved as a child, Mr. Glass replied:
So all the books I loved as a kid were comic books; “Peanuts Treasury” as a little kid. It defined the emotional climate of my elementary years. I completely identified with the loneliness and melancholy of Charlie Brown. And “Doonesbury Chronicles” was a revelation to me when I was in middle school. I’d never met people like the ones in “Doonesbury,” or a world like that where the people were so smart and talked about politics and the stuff they talked about.
The entire interview is here.

Above cover image from MyComicShop.com.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I'm lucky to have recordings of me reading from my Peanuts books when I was 6 or 7. I'm laughing a lot.