Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Garden as of August 1, 2012




Every two weeks, I go back to the gardens (both the vegetable and the perennial) and  take some photos. I've been doing this for a while, and I'll be darned if people don't like it. I originally just posted about this so my family could see how a couple of people that used to live in Brooklyn can have some green thumbs.

Here are the sweet potatoes which are now overrun with zealous squash vines:


 Front: yellow squash. Back: green peppers.


My wife made the garden bench and we are rather proud of it. 


Big, bushy tomato plants with green tomatoes weighing them down:


Cucumbers are reluctant to climb the trellis. The box in the back just had all of the lettuce pulled out. We'll plant more this weekend. 


Some photos of the perennial garden. Look for a guest appearance from our cat Dexter:












Related:
The Garden As of June 1, 2012
The Garden As of Mid-June 2012
The Garden As of July 1, 2012
The Garden As of Mid-July 2012

2 comments:

David said...

Looks good Mike! Love how you caught the kitty in the window on the hummingbird feeder photo. How soon do you think it will be before the tomatoes ripen?

Mike Lynch said...

Thanks for asking David (and good chatting with you last week). I think it'll be another couple weeks before they start to get red.