Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mark Anderson: Creativity Q&A

My pal Mark Anderson's blog talks about creativity this week. He was asked 10 questions from a student, and these are worth thinking about regardless of your profession.

A couple of my favorite queries:

Do you believe that each person has the capacity to be creative? Why?

Do you believe that it is important to be accepted by others as being creative or is just doing what you love to do enough to justify your work? Explain.

Mark has some thoughtful, thorough responses.

My take:

Everyone is creative, but, like your baby teeth, this creativity can fall out, and you can get a dime for it. Um, no, wait. I mean, that everyone can fingerpaint in kindergarten, but the number of people who feel they can create like that diminishes as they become teenagers. A few people (like Mark and me) continue to draw.

Since I do commercial work, my work needs to be accepted so I can make my landlord happy. I mostly show business cartoons here since most of the markets are business-related.

Go and take a look at Mark's answers ....

No comments: