Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who Drew This?

On May 16, 2008, we had a "Who Drew This?" entry and not only was the artist identified, but the artist's granddaughter wrote in to confirm. My thanks to all who made comments or emailed me.

Now, two months later, we have a lovely color advert for Phillips 66 from 1966 that a Master's Thesis student is trying to ID.

So ... who drew the below cartoons?


One guess is "Buck" Brown, best known for his Playboy cartoon work. But I don't know enough about advertising art to know and I'm hopeful there's someone out there who will either leave a comment or email me so we can help solve the mystery. There's something about that cowboy's profile and expression that looks darn familiar to me. I'm wondering if whoever did this also freelanced for Mad Magazine.

Thanks in advance for your time, everyone ....

2 comments:

Frank said...

Dink Siegel?

Rowland B. Wilson?

Mike Lynch said...

Wilson? Could be!