Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sergio Aragonés Interview



Running Press has produced a substantive, massive hardcover MAD'S GREATEST ARTISTS SERGIO ARAGONES -- well worth space on your personal cartoon library shelf.

The Onion's A.V. Club scribe Sam Adams presents a well-informed and fun interview with master cartoonist Sergio Aragonés who, according to the writer, did the interview, "without putting down his pen."

On the first time he saw MAD Magazine:

"I was in high school when I saw it. I couldn’t believe it. It was sort of, 'Oh my God, what is this?' That was in Mexico. When I saw it, it just blew my mind. I was already in high school, and in my first tries with cartooning. So when I saw Mad, I was like, 'If this is the quality of the work, I really get better fast! There is no way I’m going to make it if I continue to do the things that I’m doing.' So those type of cartoons to me were really eye-opening, not only as a reader, but as a future cartoonist."


It's all here.


No comments: