Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Captain America

OK, comics have "killed" Superman and brought him back, so why is Captain America going to be any different? I mean, hey, in the end, isn't this just a marketing ploy.

I've read articles about all this, and I was tired of this whole topic all ready, and thought I wouldn't blog about it. But Tony Norman of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes a good column about it here.

He talks about buying some of the same Captain America and The Falcon comic books in the 1970s that I did, and how they awakened his political sensibilities.

"Ed Brubaker, one of the best writers in the business, wove just the right mix of melodrama, post-9/11 skepticism and intriguing plot twists into an unusually moving script."

OK, maybe it's not just a marketing ploy.

Above: Cap's first comic book dated March 1941. Art by Jack Kirby -- who else?!

Hat tip to Dad! Thanks Dad!

No comments: