Friday, February 06, 2009

Award Winning Cartoons?

I'm away right now, but here's a rerun from my old MySpace blog on February 10, 2006. It's weird to think that now I'm now the National Cartoonists Society Awards Coordinator. I never though that would happen to me! As such, I do not enter the NCS Division Awards contest at this time.

Award Winning Cartoons?
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

I sent out the requisite 6 cartoons today for National Cartoonists Society Gag Cartoon Division Award consideration. The rules are to send a half dozen cartoons that were published between December 1, 2004 to December 31, 2005. I've been entering since 2000.

Choosing 6 was hard to do. But I narrowed it down to these.

This was in the Chronicle of Higher Education:



And this is from Worthwhile Magazine:



Wall Street Journal:



Wall Street Journal:



Brandweek Magazine:



Reader's Digest:




Every year I enter and every year I try to forget about it as soon as I enter. If I get nominated, that's nice. But I try not to think about it too much. The gag cartoon field is full of some terrific cartoonists, so competition can be fierce!

No comments: