Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dave Coverly Interview


My friend SPEEDBUMP creator Dave Coverly is interviewed about his work habits and his sense of humor in Saturday's Daily Gazette (Schenectady, NY).

“Sometimes, I get three ideas in an hour,” Coverly said. “Sometimes, it takes me all day to get one, or zero. You definitely hit dry patches.”

The devil is in the details. “The hardest thing is not the joke, because that’s kind of easy,” Coverly said. “The hardest thing is coming up with stuff. Everything seems like it’s been done.”

The piece by Gazette reporter Jeff Wilkin is good, but I wish that instead Mr. Wilkin writing detailed descriptions of a good half dozen SPEEDBUMP cartoons, that the Gazette just ran the actual cartoons.

SPEEDBUMP at Comics.com.

Hat tip to Journalista!

2 comments:

Mark Anderson said...

Dave for me is the funniest newspaper panel out there. Hands down.

And I'm glad to hear he's doing some kids books! That's awesome!!!

Go Dave!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. He's fantastic. Why do they compare him to Larson? His style is nothing like Larson! I wish he'd put out more books. I love his work.