Tuesday, December 02, 2008

PEARLS BEFORE SWINE Swipe at Cartoonists


Above: an excerpt from the Sunday PEARLS BEFORE SWINE.

Sunday's PEARLS BEFORE SWINE takes a swipe at veteran cartoonists, demanding that there be "no more gags from 1952!"

Cartoonist Stephan Pastis (who is also a lawyer, so I have to watch what I type now) has made fun of cartoonists and their strips before. I agree with the beseeching donkey that cartoonists should be relevant. Of all the comic strips in the Sunday paper, I read very few now. But it's the same way with TV: 200 channels and I (like most people) watch only a couple.

Hat tip to some guy named Stephan Pastis.

Above: from his NCS profile page.

3 comments:

Mark Anderson said...

I dunno, I gots me some hippie jokes that are really really good...

Lenny Boudreau said...

Just this week I bought a Pearls Before Swine compilation book. Funny stuff. Hey, cartoonists above everyone else should be able to take a joke, right?

Anonymous said...

That's what's wrong with the world: too many big sandwich gags.