Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Video: Cartoon Research Library

One of the great things about the Internet is it can taker you a lot of places. P. Craig Russell takes us to the Cartoon Research Library at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. He's taking a bunch of his CORALINE-related material there, as he says he has with 95% of his output.

We get to see some great originals on the wall, and Lucy Caswell (professor and curator, ad one of the nicest people I know) shows us around. I've always been curious to see the library. Although I've met Lucy saveral times, it's never been on her OSU home turf. Thanks, Mr. Russell, for the peek!



Many more videos at Mr. Russell's site. He's a wonderful comic book artist who lives in Ohio.

Background: CORALINE is a 2002 novel by Neil Gaiman, and is soon to have its motion picture release. Mr. Russell drew the graphic novel adaptation.



Related: Wayne Alan Howard has a documentary on Mr. Russell for sale here.

1 comment:

Mark Anderson said...

That's great! Fun to get inside the library a little. Did I see an original Nemo?

Also, this got me thinking - should I be saving my sketches? I pretty much throw everything away except my inks.

I don't pretend that anyone will be interested in the future, but you never know...