Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Garden is Going Strong for Mid-June

The garden as of this morning.


The bean trestle is on the far left. There are 3 large raised beds, 2 small ones and almost out of view, a small herb garden. On the right, is the raised bed of strawberries. Everything is green in New Hampshire.

Look at them, hanging off the side, ripening in the sun.


The tall plants are broccoli and cauliflower. Also growing: peas, okra (yes, okra!) squash, tomatoes, dill, basil, oregano, green onion, zucchini, different kinds of lettuce, and I think that may be it. Except for the sunflowers. Thanks to the birds & their messy eating habits, there are sunflowers growing everywhere.

2 comments:

RoB said...

The garden looks great, as does the weather there. It's coincidental that I've been out working in our garden in the back yard of our small city home in Northern California. I've got beans and corn growing well for the first time, and we have strawberries too (though never enough). Our neighbor's pear and fig trees hang over our fence, so we get some of those each year. I like the landscape of your garden; we are surrounded on all sides by close neighbors and I often wish we had an acre or twelve. Good luck and good eating!

Mark Anderson said...

I couldn't even get our rhubarb to live past two weeks. Can I borrow one of your green thumbs?